Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) – Security
Job ID 69324
Career Level Mid-Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the mission of the Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is to empower customers to accelerate business value through differentiated customer experiences that leverage Microsoft’s products, services, and partnerships. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers achieve their business outcomes faster with technology that does more.
We are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA), specializing in Security who is passionate about driving our customers’ security transformation on the Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 Platforms. This is a customer-facing role, owning the technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft, helping customers to leverage their Microsoft investments through architecture, implementation, and operational health engagements. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field
- 5+ years experience in cloud security technologies
- Business Value: The ability to convey the business need and value of proposed solutions, plans, and risks to stakeholders and decision makers. This includes the ability to persuade and inform based on facts and alignment with goals and strategy
- Trusted Advisership: The ability to build trusted advisor status and deep relationships across stakeholders (e.g., technical decision makers, business decision makers) through an understanding of customer needs and technologies.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Situational fluency: Using self-awareness as a mechanism to interpret verbal and non-verbal cues to increase your ability to “read the room.”
- Insightful listening: asking insightful questions to understand the customer needs, issues, business environment and drivers, and going beyond what is said
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge in foundational AI, architecture design, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in security.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud security technologies and understand relevant cloud security market trends and knowledge of competitive Landscape: of cloud security platforms and competitors; Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following security solutions:
- Threat protection, SIEM and Incident Response; Extended Detection and Response (XDR); Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR); Security Operation Center Management; Identity and Access Management; Cloud Infrastructure; Cloud Security; Data Security; Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Microsoft 365 Security Administrator, Microsoft Security Operations, Cloud Security, CCSP, CEH, OSCP, GSEC.
- Customer Centricity
- Customer Satisfaction – Drive positive Customer Satisfaction & become a trusted advisor.
- Customer/Partner Insights – Provide feedback & insights from customers/partners.
- Be the Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Global Security teams at Microsoft, Engineering and Product teams to remove blockers and influence the solution roadmap.
- Land an end-to-end value prop for Security (i.e., Zero Trust) which spans the breadth of Microsoft Security offerings, and with focus on Threat Protection, ID + Access Management and Cloud Security.
- Business Impact
- Position and deliver solutions that drive Security product usage and develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results & help Customers get value from their Microsoft investments.
- Identify resolutions to Customer blockers by leveraging SA subject matter expertise. Deliver according to MS best practices & using repeatable IP.
- Accelerate Business Value of overall Security adoption by improving security posture and ensuring that the solution exhibits “Secure by Design” framework, such as high-performance levels, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Technical Leadership
- Learn It All – Align individual skilling to team/area demands & Customer Success goals.
- Accelerate customer outcomes – Share expertise, contribute to IP creation & re-use to accelerate customer outcomes.
- Run Architectural Design Session to build a plan for implementing the solution – governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. Outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production.
- Collaborate and orchestrate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders including FastTrack, partner, and Microsoft Consulting in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions with the Microsoft Security platform.