Customer Success Account Manager
Job ID 69321
Career Level Mid-Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
The Global Customer Success (GCS) organization is leading the effort to create the desired customer experience through support offer creation, driving digital transformation across our tools, and delivering operational excellence across CE&S.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to assist our customers achieve their digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help our customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Microsoft”s SMC&Digital (SMCD) is a fast-paced, growing global organization that focuses on scalable deliveries and cloud consumption with Small-Medium Enterprise Commercial, State Local Government, Education, and Non-profit customers. We are customer-obsessed!
As a Customer Success Account Manager, you are the primary customer-facing role responsible for customer success by managing program deliveries and strong customer relationships. Our priority is the customers” successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) to drive the business result.
• Solid experience in IT industry, experience in cloud solutioning, engagement management, account/program management, digital transformation, IT consulting experience are preferred.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills and displays executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in collaborating with multiple teams and critical stakeholders who may deliver complex customer success solutions.
• Relationship Building: A proven history of building relationships with senior customer executives in Commercial accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get a consensus on solutions/engagements is essential.
• Program Management: The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize activities, and determine outcomes is essential. Also, the capability to drive both customer and Microsoft activity is critical to achieving results.
• Technical: Knowledge of/Experience with digital transformation through cloud application innovation, hybrid infrastructures, and migrations preferred. Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred.
• Master or bachelor’s degree in engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field.
• Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to utilize partner solutions to solve customer needs.
• Technologies: Awareness of all Microsoft solutions with a focus on Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture is desirable, but a passion for technology is a requirement.
• Travel required: 25-50%
• Language: English (Speaking & Writing)
Customer Relationship Management
• Learns customer engagement role and develops foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g., Information Technology Directors, Chief Technical Office [CTO], Chief Innovation Officer [CIO], Line-of-Business leaders) and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnerships with other account team leaders (e.g., Account Executive, Account Technology Strategist) and with guidance from senior colleagues. Expands customer relationships beyond the current support contract owners with a focus on understanding business priorities and how they tie to consumption outcomes.
• Gathers information on the business and Information Technology objectives for customer organizations to identify customer needs and create a shared plan to support customer outcomes using partnerships with other account team leaders. Captures new customer needs and outcomes identified during the delivery of support programs, success engagements, and other projects.
• Engages in conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities. Develops a program, identifies executive sponsors for a contract, and prioritizes engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success. Articulates the case for change to drive solution and operational health in collaboration with other account team leaders. Supports account planning to help customers transform to modern digital approaches.
• Plans a portfolio of work (e.g., Support programs, implementation projects, success engagements) to drive outcomes aligned with customer”s prioritized solutions and workloads. Creates opportunities for support contract renewals, partner with seller”s to lead to upsell and transition to Unified Support by clearly articulating customer outcomes and how Support capabilities can help them achieve those outcomes. Supports efficient delivery of contracts and customer value, leverages managed intellectual property (MIP), and enhances offerings in alignment with compliance policies.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management
• Captures, communicates, and brings forward recommendations from customer insights to sellers in identifying and producing support revenue opportunities (e.g., add-ons, renewals). Collaborates with internal teams and sellers to help identify growth opportunities through account planning and delivery execution. Directly enables cloud consumption revenue through consumption planning.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
• Connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations. Works with the appropriate internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address, using foundational technical knowledge to identify the right internal teams. Begins to take ownership for team coordination. Identifies and mitigates blockers to customer success goals.
• Leads and is accountable for the execution of customer support obligations. Accelerates production level consumption through delivery orchestration by driving solution and operational health for challenging and/or complex customer accounts (e.g., high-revenue generation, complex transformation) across the solution and support lifecycle. Is accountable for the delivery of support for resolution of critical escalated issues by leveraging Incident Managers and Support teams. Shares updates to the customer and manages their expectations. Shares support-related feedback through appropriate channels to drive continuous process improvement.
• Leverages intermediate technical expertise to act as a technology advisor and visionary. Begins to connect technical considerations to business needs. Identifies cross cloud technology, solutions, and services to help address specific customer scenarios. Articulates cross cloud technology components and how they aggregate to heterogeneous solutions. Leverages experience as a practitioner of technology across a single cloud workload/area from design through operations to participate in program governance and execution oversight. Leverages experience contributing to large technology delivery projects as a workstream lead to help anticipate changes that could impact key projects.