Datacenter Security Operations Manager
Job ID 69320
Career Level Senior Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter Security Operations Manager.
As a Datacenter Security Operations Manager in CO+I Physical Security, you will be part of a global team dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy security program to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud.
You will be accountable for physical security operations at data centres and other related facilities within your applicable region and will collaborate with the vendor security guarding staff to meet collective security requirements and provide security capabilities, anticipate site specific insecurity and security disruption (e.g., life safety, business operations, reputation) and lead discussions on developing strategies for mitigating risks and responding to residual risks. You will communicate risk analysis findings and root cause analysis reports to internal and external stakeholders and leaders. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, develop deeper physical security acumen and global security program management.
The Datacenter Security Operations Manager must be located in the applicable region and will work from an agreed upon datacenter location.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Datacenter Security Operations Manager you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 200 datacenters in 32 countries and millions of servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
- 4+ years’ experience in Physical Security Program or Program Management.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
While not required, we look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Risks or related field AND 8+ years’ experience in Security Program or Program Management
- OR equivalent experience.
- Industry security certifications such as CPP, PSP, or other relevant security certification
Security Program Management
- Oversee the implementation of physical security policies and procedures at applicable datacenters, ensuring Microsoft’s physical security vendor guard force has the resources and information to deliver physical security services that meet Microsoft and customer requirements to protect people, information, and critical infrastructure.
- With minimal assistance, performs analysis to detect security threats, alerts, or risks and escalates to critical incident response team and/or external authorities, if necessary. With minimal assistance, implements security protocols to support the physical protection of company personnel and assets. With minimal assistance, delivers and maintains security programs in areas of responsibility.
- Partner with datacenter operations, security systems and other Microsoft stakeholders to ensure secure and continuous operations while maintaining a One Team, One Microsoft environment.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program at Microsoft datacenters, seeking data and recommending strategies and ideas to reduce churn, optimizing resources, implement creative solutions to problems, scale, automate and simplify process whenever possible.
- Receive escalations/notifications of physical security and business impacting events and appropriately triage, ensure that regional leadership is kept informed through regular communication as appropriate and that the necessary personnel for managing an incident respond effectively.
- On-call 24x7x365 and will travel periodically as planned or unplanned within or outside of assigned city/metropolitan area.
- With minimal supervision, contributes to collaborative efforts with stakeholders to support security capabilities. Supports risk identification for datacenter insecurity and security disruption (e.g., life safety, business operations, reputation) to assist decision-makers in mitigating risks and responding to residual risks. With minimal supervision, summarizes and reports risk analysis to internal stakeholders and leaders.