Manager: Foreign Exchange Operations
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Administration, Operations and Facilities
To lead the FX Operations team in Market Operations, ensuring operational precision and timeous execution. To manage operational risk in the area and avoid adverse events. To partner with the client business and support their business to the full extent possible (and always remaining a safe independent distance to ensure Segregation of Duties). To invest in building the team from all aspects such as technical training, professional guidance, support and motivation.
Ensure all trades are confirmed & settled as per agreed timelines in order to minimise losses and reduce overall cost of operations.
Manage financial loses by ensuring correctness, accuracy of flow of information
Ensure achievement of financial targets by meeting client service standards and efficiencies
Build and maintain working relationships with peers and managers through regular interaction and teamwork.
Ensure sound relationships with external stakeholders by managing client and stakeholder expectations through appropriate communication and forums.
Ensure effectiveness of processes by tracking, measuring and analysing data relating to work processes.
Check and ensure capacity meets business requirements by effectively planning for demand.
Improve efficiency by looking at ways of re-engineering processes.
Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements, ensuring a clear vision, agreeing on goals and objectives, providing regular feedback on performance, recognising and rewarding achievement and take appropriate corrective action where required.
Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken.
Create an environment to motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes.
Stay abreast in field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
Manage the on boarding process of new employees by ensuring execution of preparations according to the on-boarding check-list.
Ensure all testing for system enhancement is performed to meet implementation deadlines. i.e. plan and approach project such that Operations are not root of delays or further costs. Approach projects with cost consciousness and re-use processes and procedures where relevant, thereby remaining cost conscious.
Manage risk by ensuring that all processes are accurately documented and that all RCSA, BCP, DR, Staffing and other risk based plans are regularly and thoroughly reviewed and implemented.
Create a client service culture through various required interventions.
Achieve operational excellence by supporting the implementation of business optimisation improvement through team engagement.
+/- 6 Direct reports
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Financial Markets Certificate, Honours Qualification
ACI Operations and or Dealing certificate, registered Persons Exam (RPE), CISI Operational Risk
Type of Exposure
- Managing a team of managers
- Developing succession plans
- Formulating and implementing communication strategies to cascade functional strategies
- Building a community of leaders
- Conducting benchmarking and analysis to investigate improvement opportunities
- Identifying/selecting talent
- Executing major organisational change
- Developing a divisional strategy plan
- Networking and building relationships
- Developing a stakeholder management grid for the business
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with peers / managers
- Assisting/Developing resource plans to execute functional strategies
- Managing a department or area
- Making financial decisions
Minimum Experience Level
7 years in fnancial markets and 3 years in a managerial role.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Performance management
- Business administration and management
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Communication Strategies
- Staff resource planning
- Operations planning
- Employee training/development
- Diversity management
- Relevant Nedbank product knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Change management
- Principles of project management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Service level agreements
- Consumer behaviour
- Client Service Management
- Client service principles
- Organisational systems
- Building Partnerships
- Planning and Organizing
- Building talent
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Leading Change
Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented groups
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566